The key to understanding bone health is understanding minerals. Mineral that provides strength and a bit of flexibility to bone and connective tissue, especially silica. The human body contains approximately 7 grams of silicon, which is present in various tissues and body fluids.
To help your body absorb more minerals, calcium, beta-carotene and vitamins, especially calcium try this bone building tea.
Bone-Strengthening Tea Recipe:
• Oatstraw : infusion for a natural source of calcium and drink a cup daily as part of your arsenal to help strengthen your bones and nails.
• Nettle leaf: If prepared correctly, nettle tea is high enough in calcium to be considered an aid in bone-building. Some of the other conditions it may help include insomnia, osteoporosis, arthritis, adrenal depletion, skin conditions, indigestion, low iron and even headaches.
• Dandelion leaf: Dandelion greens are a good source of calcium and vitamin K — both of which are associated with the prevention of bone loss ( 30 , 31 ). Inulin, a fiber found in dandelion root, may also support healthy bones through improved digestion and the promotion of healthy gut bacteria
• Raspberry leaf: Red raspberry leaf tea contains vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to human health, the immune system, and cellular processes. Red raspberry leaves contain vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and B vitamins. … These minerals help to promote healthy digestion and strong bones.
• Red clover: Red Clover May Prevent Bone Loss in Spine. … A new study shows that women who took a red clover-derived dietary supplement containing substances called isoflavones (Promensil) experienced significantly slower bone loss in the spine compared with women who took a placebo.
• Horsetail shoots: Helps promote bone health. Horsetail contains high amounts of silica, a mineral essential for strong bones. In an Italian study, women with osteoporosis were observed to have increased bone density after a year of horsetail supplementation. Helps regulate blood flow.
1. Blend herbs in equal parts. Store in a capped jar away from heat and light.
2. Boil 1 quart water. Remove from heat and add 4 tablespoons tea blend. Cover and steep 30 to 60 minutes, then strain. Drink 3 to 4 cups a day.