There are halitosis sufferers who tried home remedies for curing bad breath and claim they worked!
Who would want to have bad breath or halitosis? I don’t think anybody would want to have bad breath. Unfortunately, no matter how much we hated to have one if we do not take good care our oral and dental health, it is possible that we can have bad breath. But, do not think that proper oral and dental hygiene is the only reason for your bad breath. Of course not! There are several factors that can affect the odor of your precious mouth. Whatever the reasons maybe for your bad breath condition, it has to be cured. Before you buy any over the counter remedies, try and see if home remedies for curing bad breath work for you.
Curing bad breath need not to be expensive. There are lots home remedies for curing bad breath that you can take advantage of. These home remedies for curing bad breath may or may not work for you, but there are halitosis sufferers who are cured from these home remedies.
Some of the home remedies for curing bad breath that might solve your problem include:
- Brushing your teeth properly and regularly. Brushing your teeth is best done in the morning, every after meal, and before bead time. Don’t forget also to include brushing your tongue every time you brush your teeth. In doing so, you will fresh health teeth and gums, not to mention fresh breath.
- Flossing can help remover the deep seated food particles in between your teeth. These food particles if not taken will form into plaque and become the breeding ground of odor-causing bacteria. Dental floss should be one of your “tools” in your oral and dental kit.
- You may use mouthwash, but avoid those that have alcohol and dyes.
- Chewing mint leaves will give you fresh breath, especially after eating certain foods that give odor to your mouth like raw onions and garlic. This might give you temporary relief, still it helps remove bad odor in your mouth.
- Gargle with a cup of lukewarm water mixed with baking soda.
- Dip your tooth brush into baking soda and brush your teeth using it as your toothpaste. After that, you can brush again your teeth with toothpaste this time to give your breath fresh scent. This is best done in the morning and in the evening before bed time.
- Gargle a cup of lukewarm water mixed with salt or half a lemon juice. This is also best done before going to bed.
- Chew and entire clove or keep it in your mouth if you find it too spicy. It’s good for bad breath.
- Mix cloves and halitosis, and what do you get? The short answer, according to a recent study, is a slight reduction in microbial growth in the mouth.
A report published in the Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature found that mixing a minimum of 60 to 120 microliters of clove oil into a liter of solution resulted in the destruction of a bacterial colony.
Besides being used for centuries to reduce the pain of toothaches, clove oil may be able to act as an oral microbicide, the research team said.
While antibacterial products may reduce the extent of bad breath, they ultimately do not alleviate it. No microbicide is 100 percent effective at killing all oral microorganisms, meaning that after its application, those microbes that remain in the mouth quickly multiple and recolonize it.
To constructively attack halitosis, it may be necessary to use a probiotic mixture, like the Blis K-12 Probiotic Pack, to replace odor-causing bacteria with less irritating varieties.
- Tea tree oil can also be used as your toothpaste or mouthwash. Put a few drops of tea tree oil on your toothbrush alone or top it with toothpaste, and then brush your teeth. You can use it as a mouthwash to help keep your gums healthy. Tea tree oil can also cure gum disease, which is possibly the cause of your bad breath. You can even soak your dental floss in tea tree oil.
Keeping your mouth smelling fresh and healthy will take a lot of effort, especially if you already have bad breath. Try and use any of the home remedies for curing bad breath listed above. Some works to other bad breath sufferers, they might work for you, too.